In my last post and to everyone I've spoken recently I've asked for prayer for the transition that is ahead. Tonight the door was opened for Trent to begin to accept it. It was a reaction to fear from him. He couldn't remember the boys names or any specific family names. He was upset and with an open heart asked what he could do that might help. I said that it was not good for him to be here at the house alone. I said he needed to be with people daily and given activity in which he could participate. When he asked what that would be, the door was open for me to mention Jan Werner Adult Daycare. I mentioned how good it had been for my mother and how she looks forward to seeing her friends each day. For the first time he said, "I've got to do it. I need to be with people. When can I go?" We both cried but in some ways it was a relief for us both.
Thank you each and everyone that has lifted us in prayer. Please know that God works in our lives and angels abound.
1 comment:
Wow...isn't God good and gracious? I'm so thankful and am a little teary-eyed just imagining that conversation. We love you both!
Post a Comment