Sunday, September 7, 2008

Worn and tattered

Today was a day of feeling 'worn and tattered'. Trent has been in the bedroom trying to sleep but popping back up in about 12 minutes. He's also said 'when you get through I need to talk to you". If you asked what he wants to talk about, it is to tell me that he's going to a new doctor tomorrow so he can drive again. He's taken off the belt to his pants when I told him to put on his seat belt. He had slipped outside again to trim something. I had put away the clippers so I wasn't too worried. Nope, he'd gotten a pocket knife and was whacking away. Looked dangerous to me and I didn't want him to stick his other arm when swiping. Everything is just fine with Trent. It is just fine to trim the ivy this way and he certainly wouldn't cut himself. Right! Coax and beg, then say 'is Cookie still inside?' Then he's off to find her and forgets about trimming the ivy.

Mom began calling this morning. She said she was just lonesome. I told her that we would be picking up water at the Water Still in just a moment and we'd bring her lunch and some bottled water. When we got there, she just needed to know why we didn't bring her some milk. So I leave Trent and pick up milk, etc. Then Mom rolls off a handful of "I needs". And she is entitled to do that. I'm just without the energy to follow Trent around then try to get something done when he lays down for a whopping 12 minutes while paying Mom's bills and being her personal mind reader so I won't forget what she didn't tell me she needed. Well, that is a personal best run-on sentence. I'll finish right there.

No comments: