Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Emotional Day

The boys and I and a very dear friend moved Trent into an Alzheimer's unit (Memory Walk) at the Seville. We are guaranteed only 30 days. At that time they will re-evaluate him and we'll sit on pins and needles again. I will have to continue to look for a place in fear that this might not work out.

God and Trent provided a blessing for me. I just knew that I couldn't leave him without breaking down. I walked him down to his room. He was very tired and laid down on the bed. I rubbed his back just a minute and he fell sound asleep. I was able to walk away upset but not having upset Trent. He truly doesn't recognize that he's not where he was yesterday and his memory is such that he only knows the second that he's in.

I know that the boys and I will be okay, but it is not today. I won't go into work this week. My supervisor had already cleared my schedule. I still have a list as long as my arm to take care of before going back to work next Tuesday. I hope I will have replenished a great deal of sleep and gained some level of composure before going back. I definitely need to get back to work both for the money and the opportunity to be providing a service to others.

Please know that I have felt your prayers and God is definitely in charge and responsive to our needs. Thank you.

2 comments:

Toto said...

Thanks for the post - I look eagerly for any news because it tells me that you are reaching out to all of us! Remaining in my prayers - love ya - Heather

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post how to recover accidentally deleted post. I have responded to your comment.

BTW what does a speech pathologist do?