Our Fluffed Dove
The birds are out today trying to get something to eat or drink. I've had doves all morning at the pond trying to get a drink. This one decided that he'd get close enough to get noticed.
There has been only light flurries today but travel is still very treacherous. I've got to find a way to get over to Mom's to give her her pain patch before dark. I am pretty sure that if I try to back out of my garage that I'll just fill up my exhaust on the van so I have a call into Rusty, a neighbor, to see if he might take me over there. Mom keeps calling about unnecessary things, her mail, the dog and I'd rather that keep up and know she's okay.
Last night I worked on this birdhouse. The 4-H group asked the Golden Spread Chapter of Decorative Painters to help them with table decorations for an upcoming banquet of theirs. Our job was to decorate 3 birdhouses by February 2nd in an easily replicated design that the 4-Her's could then make themselves. I used paint, scrapbook paper, and scrapbooking border designs. The 4-Her's will then sell the table decorations to raise more funds. We helped last year by painting boots (about 40) for them and then they added flowers inside the boots. I liked the idea of designing one that they could do 40 of by themselves. Now that this project is out of the way, let's see what other snowbound project I can get into.
2 comments:
I just discovered your comment, Donna, and you are absolutely right about the daughter thing! And I fall sadly short on that list since I am not going to have lots of money nor any children to care for me, so this has always been a worry. Well, I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it! Lots of things can happen before I get old.
LOVE your birdhouse!
I have only a daughter-in-law so I'm hoping that her parents don't need her at the same time as I might. By all rights, she should care for them. Brett and Garrett would do well for boys. Gotta love those boys!
Do you have great girlfriends? I think great girlfriends rally to one another as well. And I'm amazed at the kindness of strangers. I have another friend, Gail, and she and her husband were like family to an older woman. They care for her like none other. Never allowed her to want for anything and never expected a thing in return. Those people exist!
Hey, I'm honored you like my little birdhouse. I think it can be an easy project for the 4Hers.
Post a Comment