Friday, April 27, 2007

Catching up on things


I should have posted several things earlier. I have to catch up on so many things now.

Trent's hand is in good shape. He's been released by the infectious disease doctor and the OT. Monday he sees the plastic surgeon and I suspect he'll dismiss him as well. Tuesday we hope he'll be back on his schedule as a hospice volunteer. It really is good for Trent to feel that he is able to give to someone else. He has been so off schedule and so tired that things have been difficult. He has managed to get back to yard duties. I run behind him with a pair of gloves these days.

Trent's great niece, Aiden, is back in the hospital. She began running a fever and having a good number of seizures again. They have done another MRI and have isolated her. To make matters more difficult, I think Kristen, Aiden's mother, has been running on fumes. She was found passed out and is in the hospital herself. My guess is that they will feed her and give her something to sleep. I hope there's nothing else wrong with her except exhaustion. Aiden and her family continue to need your prayers.

I've been visiting doctors myself lately. I've put off surgery for about 2 years on my wrist and shoulder. It is taking a toll now and I've decided to get them taken care of. I will have carpel tunnel surgery on May 11th and shoulder surgery on May 25th. Both should be day surgery unless they find more when they get into the shoulder. I anticipate all will go well and that I'll whiz through the recovery stages because I DO plan to go to the Hill Country to paint this summer. I Do plan to paint in the Hill Country!

I'm posting a picture of the allum in the backyard. The leaves have some damage from the recent snows but the blooms are gorgeous. I have a Star allum that hasn't opened yet. When it does, I may have to post a pic of it too. The bloom is so unusual.

No comments: