Things have been busy and it seems like a lifetime since I posted to the blog.
I'll give you the good news first. Trent's visit to the surgeon and to the Infectious Disease doctor went well. We get to stop the IV antibiotic and have the PIC line removed Tuesday evening. The last wound care is likely to be Monday afternoon. Then we will have one more follow-up with each doctor. Whew!
I've finally had to go to the doctors myself. Neurosurgeon says, "Yes, you need to have carpel tunnel surgery on the right hand, the sooner the better." It would be day surgery and the recovery time is only a few days other than for lifting. Then I've done something to my left shoulder. I had an MRI on it this morning as well as my left ankle. I have no idea what's wrong with my left ankle but it is swollen and killing me by the end of each day. Orthopedist gave me some anti-inflammatory and it feels much better. I hope that is the cure for that one. The MRI's will be read in a couple of days and I'll know more then.
Mom is really having more hip and leg pain from the back issues. The pharmacist gave her a generic for one of her medications for pain and that may be part of the increased pain. I take her in on Monday morning to have another injection and I hope that can give her some relief.
Trent's niece, Kristin, had a new baby about 6 weeks ago. The baby's name is Aiden. She was in ICU for a few days and was having seizures. Kristin and Aiden went home after a few days and the seizures continued to increase in number and duration even with medications. Yesterday, I got a call that they had determined what was wrong. Aiden has Ohtahara Syndrome. The seizures would continue to increase and medications are unsuccessful in treating them. Many of these babies do not live past the age of two without surgery. So today Aiden had surgery to possibly remove the left hemisphere of her brain. I spoke with Trent's sister, Lyndia, around 7:00 p.m. and the surgery had gone well. They did not have to remove the entire left hemisphere. The next 48 hours will be very critical.
We would ask that your prayers go out to baby Aiden and her parents. We hope that Aiden is a fighter and that Kristen and her husband have the strength necessary to deal with whatever is needed to love and support Aiden. Thank you for your prayers to lift them into God's love and care. And thank you for praying that Trent have a speedy recovery as well. May God bless each of you.
1 comment:
I've added Aiden and his fmaily to our Daughters of the King prayer list. I'll try to give you a call tomorrow.
Post a Comment