Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy July 4th, Everyone!



In Amarillo today, we have the perfect 4th weather. It is very warm with partly cloudy skies. There's a cool front moving in this afternoon that will take the temp down a little and may bring in some showers. But--if you are planning to be out until then, you have a great day to celebrate freedom!

I arrived home from Kerrville and my week of painting on Sunday. I had thoroughly enjoyed the week until Thursday when I got a call telling me that AISD had found enough speech pathologists and therefore, I would not be hired back part-time as a retiree. I had hoped for a change to a different assignment but had hoped that I'd still be with the school district. It really did take the wind out of my sails and began mind worrying about what I'd do for the extra money that we need.

I'll be heading up to empty my office in the next week or two and I know it will hit hard that I'm leaving the children and so many great friends. Wish me luck and pray that I find an option quickly. I inherited my mother's ability to worry so I'd prefer to worry only briefly.

No comments: