Well, I'm officially a part of the medical service profession now. I have finished 2 full days of orientation and completed 9 on-line courses. I know more about clinical issues and nursing issues than I ever expected. Even though I know about the handling of blood products, please, somebody feel free to step in!
In the last two weeks, I was 5 1/2 hours short of part-time status. So, I expect that I'll be moving to part-time status in the next week or two as I have three new patients to assess and begin serving. I don't need most of the benefits of part-time status but would like to earn some sick days or vacation time. They won't come quickly even then, but, better than none. I feel like I'm seen as an asset to the out-patient services but won't really know until my 90 day review. The 90 day review allows the hospital to terminate employees without cause and vice versa, allows the employee to say, "This isn't for me. Thanks and good-bye."
My painting classes started Wednesday night and, as always, I found it to be my therapy. We laughed and since it was our first night in a long time, I struggled to get them on task. What fun we had! As always, can't wait to paint! We started with a dimensional snowflake ornament. I'll post pics of some of our projects as we complete them or I'll try to do that. Lots of painting opportunities are on the near horizon. Heidi England will be here to paint 3 days. We'll be painting her Jack Sprat Cabinet. Then on October 4th, Peggy, Sandy, and myself head to Bedford to experience 3 days of painting with Bobbie Takishima. Go to her website to check out
Her work is incredible and her techniques are unique. She travels internationally, as do Heidi and Rosemary West. Rosemary West will painting in Amarillo in early November. Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment