I worked every day this past week which I haven't done in awhile. I know some of you have heard me say that I needed the money so decided to take the substituting for the district as well as the PRN position with Northwest Texas Healthcare System. Well, it has made it vivid again why I had to retire. There's too much family need to work full time. Okay, I'm committed to two more weeks of pretty close to full time work. I hope I survive it.
The weekend seemed overwhelming. If it weren't enough that Mom and Trent need attention, on Tuesday, we added Mom's dog, Smuggles, to the list of the attended. Smuggles probably has a ruptured disc. Tuesday I take him back in to have some x-rays and they'll clean his teeth while he's put to sleep. When the vet sees what is wrong for sure, I guess we'll have to decide what course of action we'll take. So this weekend, Smuggles has had to have pills three times a day and shots on Saturday and tomorrow. Our vet is out of town for the weekend, so Dr. Phipps is charged with administering the shots. Mom doesn't go to Jan Werner because of the Labor Day holiday, but I am working for the school district and for the first time ever am working on Labor Day. AARGH! So, Garrett and I have run back and forth to Mom's to give her pills, fill her pill dispenser, get her pills refilled while doing much the same for Smuggles.
I guess my working has been hardest on Trent. He gets very anxious these days. Even if I've left him notes about where I am and when I'll be back, he's called and left messages over and over by the time I get home. Dates and times are certainly his enemy. We've argued over things that there never has been a solution to and now the argument is for absolutely nothing as I'm the only one who remembers we had it. Yet, when Trent enters into it, I can't get him to leave it alone, drop it, walk away. Nothing changes and there's no good outcome. Some days the pain is so deep, for both of us.
Garrett has been really good to help this weekend. I try to tell him everyday that I appreciate what he's done. I know this isn't what living near your parents is for most young men. I don't know what I'd do without him.
No comments:
Post a Comment