Today is our last day this week that we expect a really nice day. According to the weathermen, about 3 in the morning, a front should blow in. Probably our first freeze will occur. And so, that makes me think I need to winterize the pond. We cut all of the hardy plants back and lower them into the deepest part of the pond. Then we cover the pond with netting in order to keep the leaves in the pond to a minimum.
I called Garrett to see if he could come help. He said it would be around 8:00 before he'd be free. Of course, it is pretty dark. The plants are cut off and I'm trying to get as many leaves off the bottom as I can with the skimmer. Well, I've got a whole scoop of decomposing leaves and I'm leaning over with both hands on the skimmer. I feel the rock under my feet tilt. I make a loud noise followed by a splash and there is a great laughter coming from our back yard. Yes, I am completely submerged. My phone is in my pocket and I'm wearing my scrubs and work tennis shoes. I slog my way up the side of the pond. I am completely soaked, my pockets are still draining water. I have broken about half of my fingernails trying to break my fall or keep my head out of the water. Garrett is having serious trouble containing himself and then he says, "Since you are already wet, will you go back in and get the skimmer? You dropped it."
I showered and came back out to help get the net on. It's on. Garrett is trying hard not to laugh. Humph? And I bet you think swimming is usually fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment