My "Doc" visit was right on time. I should have known that was a bad omen. The news was no driving yet, no return to work yet, no new exercises yet. All of that would seem reasonable if your husband were able to drive or recognize that you need help, one of the boys were closer, or you had someone who could move in for awhile. Every inch of the house needs something put away, a part made in the dirt or dust, and laundry. I was going to fold the laundry and put it away but 1 handed folding only works for towels and my drawers have two handles that I'd be oooching 10 minutes to get anything out. I wasn't worried about food though. People were wanting to bring food and I suggested that they just bring every other day because there's usually enough to get leftovers combined. Well, tonight's chef was busy or forgetful. We, of course, did not starve but it wasn't like we could just run pick something up either.
I could use a little pick me up or I wonder what sheer pampering might feel like. I need to refocus on how helpful people have been. I'll try that when I try to find someone to pick up my medicine and get a ride to an appt. to get a haircut tomorrow. Kim is coming by for an outing tomorrow a.m. She makes me laugh and maybe she can drop me off for a haircut. That's a good thought. Better stop on a good one.
1 comment:
Hi Donna - Oh, it sounds like you are having a rough time with being helpless. It is AWFUL to not be able to care for yourself when you are a caretaker yourself! But it will pass, you're getting well and you'll soon be out of this mess! I just wanted to cheer you on from the sidelines.
Post a Comment