Sunday, February 7, 2010

Surprising Weekend

Well, I probably made a mistake some time ago, but it was a good mistake.  I had it on my iPhone that Brett and Chris were coming in next weekend.  About 6:00 p.m. Friday, Brett called to remind me that he was coming this weekend and could I pick him up at the airport at 9:00.  Good thing he called.  I would love having him for a visit anytime!  I think this really turned out to be perfect.  He helped me with several things around the house including getting the last of the Christmas out of the way and repacking the Christmas boxes.  We also purchased some shelving units for the garage in hopes of getting my garage more organized in the future and making getting to what I have more accessible. 

Another thing that worked out well was getting to the monument place and getting Trent's headstone and vase ordered.  The man said it wouldn't take long (couple of weeks) before they could have it ready.  They may not get to place it for awhile due to the amount of snow that we've had.  More snow is also on the way this week. 

Another good reason for Brett's visit to be so welcome was to have him here for the first Super Bowl game since Trent's death.  How do you know what is going to take you back?  Earlier today I sank.  Trent hadn't really been able to follow the game in quite awhile but the day started with (of all things) Face the Nation talking about the new rules and regulations regarding concussions and today's Super Bowl Game.  Brett being here made it easier to sit down to enjoy something our 'entire family' had always enjoyed.

A truly welcomed visit!

No comments: