Sunday, November 30, 2008

After Thanksgiving Blahs

When your family is with you for only a few days at Thanksgiving, the time passes so quickly. Brett, Kristy, Landry and Jentri all left this morning about 9:30. Garrett was here to tell them good-bye as well and then off to church. The house went from very busy and light hearted to tears and sadness. Brett and his family are so far away and busy with their lives. Garrett is busy with his life and still anxious about his loan for the practice in Guymon. He will likely have his news by Monday and then he will get in high gear to be there by the first of the year.

It makes 2009 look very frightening for us. Trent is firmly in Stage 6 of the Alzheimer Scale. It is becoming apparent that either my Mom or Trent will soon be at the nursing home. How will we get there? Where will it be? How did this happen?

I remember much laughter around our house. I remember special times around our dinner table. The whole season has greyed. The laughter is not as long. The looks of now what are present.

We appreciate each of you that remember us in prayer. Those of you that wish you just knew what to do or a way to take the hurt away are such gracious and supporting friends. God bless you!

6 comments:

Paul, Chris and Katie said...

Donna - I feel so helpless - all I can do is pray for you. For strength,
for peace for Trent so he will be easier to be with. I hope the boys read your blog. I feel so angry at them. How can they not see that you need help - especially Garrett? I wish I had answers, money, closer proximity, anything that would lighten your burden. Take Charla and Richard up on their offer. The new faces in the house and the help could only be uplifting for you! Love you bunches - we'll keep Feb. in our sites.

Donna said...

Brett and Kristy don't have internet in Queen City. I think when I mentioned the blog Garrett didn't ask about an address. I'll ask if he'd be interested again. I've asked him to go to my counselor with me after last Sunday's mess. He said he would so we'll see how that goes. He helped me this afternoon by getting Granny's groceries and filling her med-minder. Wish you were closer! dp

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Donna,
I can't begin to imagine all that you are going through. Hope you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Maybe being specific with what you need from Garrett would help. He might not volunteer but would do what you ASK. If I can help someway please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Donna we are all praying for you.
I would hope that your friends know that being angry at the boys is not where the problem lies. I know that Kristy and Brett were most willing to move to Amarillo at one time and teaching jobs just don't happen. I hope your friends also know that at least for Kristy and Bretts part, there are no extra funds.. a house in Little Elm, a rental in Atlanta and a new baby and down to one car ... there are no extra funds to help. They love you both and will do what they can. Nancy

Toto said...

It was so good to see you on Wednesday. I DO miss you, but mostly I hurt for you. I don't know how you would do it, but I hope you can cling to those light hearted moments when the gray and black pervade your being.
Love ya - hs