Wednesdays are busy days for me at the hospital. I don't have regular patients but have autism assessments and family conferences. I find the differences in each child so amazing any way, but when you've evaluated as many children with autism as I have over my career it is even more amazing. I've said many times that when you've met one child with autism you have seen one. Very seldom do you see great similarities in their intense interests or their peak skills. So today was one of those days-there's no generalizations to be made, individually unique.
We made it through the work day. When I got home the bus with Trent was waiting on me. We barely made it in the house and Trent was ready to lie down. He continues to need more and more rest. I get less and less done and certainly do not get to see my mother as much as she needs. It was much easier when I had Monday and Wednesday mornings off and all day Friday. Wednesdays was my day to take care of Mom's business and buy her groceries. Now I have to keep Trent awake one afternoon and take him to Mom's while I buy her groceries, bottled water, medications, and/or take her dog to be groomed or anything else Mom has on her list for me. I really feel I'm not giving Mom enough attention. Well, I guess for now this is just all I can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment