I don't enjoy weekends anymore. I'm beginning to think that going to Jan Werner's is his routine now. So when he doesn't get on the bus to go, his world is unknown and his anxiety goes up.
I've got to buy Mom's groceries sometime. Thursday Mom called and was complaining that her selection for her lunch was a choice of 1 or the other. All I could say was, "Well, eat one of them." Trent was already asleep and I couldn't leave him.
So, today I had to get her groceries. I didn't have anyone to stay with Trent so I thought he could watch TV or listen to Mom talk. By the time I got back, which was about an hour, Mom was waiting in the driveway noticeably upset. Mom's explanation was that Trent didn't like her walking around so much. I tried to get Trent to help me carry in the groceries but he kept glaring at Mom. By the time we got home, he and I had had a shouting match in the car and both of us were crying. To make things worse, Mom's Med-minder is broken so I'm having to make a trip over there to see that she gets her meds twice a day.
The pond pump on the pond wouldn't work this afternoon. I'm out trying to figure out what is wrong while Trent is taking a nap or we'll have havoc with him "trying to help me". I called everyone I knew to get help and either I've asked too much of people and they won't answer the phone when they see my number on caller ID or everyone was busy with something else. Around 5 this afternoon, Rusty came down and we managed to get it to run.
It crosses my mind that it is time to look for assisted living or more help for Mom. It crosses my mind that maybe it is time to find an Alzheimer's unit for Trent. Today if one of the boys had been here, I would have gone to look at facilities. Trent's sisters are coming for a visit. Next Saturday, maybe I can go look at some places. I've told the boys that I won't take Trent to a facility without one or both of them. Yeah, when will that happen?
1 comment:
I'm sorry your weekend was so rough. I would imagine not going to JW throws Trent for a loop since that is his routine five days a week.Sorry I didn't get back with you today. We had Camy here and then went to see Paul and Martha to help set up Katie's crib for the baby. Try to touch base with you tomorrow.Love you!!! C
Post a Comment