Thursday, March 5, 2009

I can't talk much

I can't talk much as I'm still washing clothes and packing before leaving for work. I'm getting a much needed break after a horrendous week at work where I saw my supervisor's other personality, not pretty. Garrett is coming in this evening to spend the weekend with Trent. Another friend will fill the gap from 4-8 until Garrett gets here. I'm leaving as close to noon as I can with 3 close friends for a painting seminar in Oklahoma City with Maureen McNaughton. She has fabulous stroke techniques that she is a master at teaching. I've painted once with her a few years ago and can't wait to do so again.

Trent had one tough day yesterday. I'm sure some or all of it is sundowning. He is aggressive, yelling, and I can't decipher any meaning from what he says. Last night he was screaming and in my face saying, "You go two on two. Listen. Who's the third person in here? (while pointing at the light fixture)." It went on for about 3 hours. He threw pillows at me, paper towels, and socks. He'd tell me to get out of the room and then tell me to get back here. At around 8:00 p.m., I called Sandy to come by to see if she could help. She was at Wal Mart and by the time she got here he had basically collapsed on the bed.

It was also Mom's 87th birthday. It was hard to celebrate as Trent was having such a hard time. Mom finally said to me, "Your Dad was never this bad. Donna, I don't know what your going to do." Me either.

3 comments:

Toto said...

Hey - I have not been on the blogs for a LONG time (as you have probably figured out). So sorry about work - I was beginning to hope that would not happen - sigh!

I read your blog since Feb 1 with sadness for you - I know that is NO help, but I love ya and my heart hurts for you.

Karen Salva said...

Donna, I hope this much needed painting seminar gives you the fabulous break you need. Keep writing it out of you, life sounds so tough on you right now, but when you hit the "publish" button may it push the tough days away.

Happy painting!

Paul, Chris and Katie said...

Donna - I'm so glad you are getting to paint with Maureen. . .who knew when we started painting together 20+ years ago that it would get us through some of the toughest times of our lives!!!I love you and keep praying for you daily- Karen is so correct! Writing helps you bury one day and get ready for the next. I'll talk to you when you get back!