Friday, April 3, 2009

Our Guymon trip




We left Thursday for Guymon for Garrett to do some dental work on us. He's been in his new office since January 5th and I think the transition is going very well. Garrett began by examining us both. He then decided to clean mine on Thursday and Trent would need cleaning, a filling, and an extraction. Garrett felt that Trent probably would have a really hard time with a root canal and a crown. I couldn't agree more. After seeing him in unfamiliar territory, I learned a great deal these past two days. I hadn't recognized that his motor skills were so impaired. I had to hold his hands to cross the streets and on both places where we had to step down he almost fell. He thought he knew people in all the places that we went. He tried to get a job in one of the hardware stores and he frequently had people looking at his odd behaviors. He pushed the button for tea without having a glass under the spicket I guess for quite awhile until Garrett headed that way. Right before we left, I went with Trent to wash his hands. I put liquid soap in his hand and Trent proceded to put the soap in his mouth. It is so disheartening.

Today we piddled in Guymon. Garrett had asked for a little decorating advice on a couple of things. He has a great huge office with 7 operatories. Some things have become a little outdated and some things never completely were finished from the last remodeling. Here are some of the pictures of his new office:
Front of Office


Waiting Room



I'll post more tomorrow. I am PLENTY pooped and so ready for bed!

1 comment:

Paul, Chris and Katie said...

Wow the office looks great. Your decorating skills will make it even better. Talk to you over the weekend.