Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Sling is Gone


Look carefully at the small orange area on the horsetail fern.

Well, as of Friday, the sling is gone. Would you believe, I miss it. Not the smelly sling but the stabilization it provided. I'm moving on though. I began Physical Therapy on Tuesday with new exercises to do 5 out of 7 days. All of them are still dealing with range of motion. On the 28th I go back to see the doctor and anticipate strengthening exercises beginning on the 31st.

I go back to work on Tuesday with apprehension. I haven't had much luck making it through more than about 1/2 a day before I have to remove the bra and give the shoulder a break, take some Ibuprofen. I'm hoping light duty doesn't mean a patient every 30 minutes. Hope I make it!

Lately the conditions have been perfect for the pond to attract dragonflies and damsel flies. I didn't make it out to the pond to get pictures of the one yesterday before it split. Today though, the Flaming Red Skimmer has been out there for hours and I've ventured out several times with the camera to take a pic or two or twenty. I also got one of the Damsel Fly but they are so small that you just see a little blue line.

No comments: