Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fund raiser was Fun!





Today I painted with our Golden Spread Chapter of SDP. As you can see, decorative painters never run out of something to paint. So why not a trash can! Naomi ran the class and had her trashcan for us all to look at. Many of us added our own special touches. My special touch was my dragonfly, of course. Naomi said that trash cans similar to this one were selling in East Texas in flower shops for $150. I have to get some outdoor varnish tomorrow and then mine will be finished. What do you think? Worth $150? The fun and friends I was with today were priceless!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

When haven't you painted something that isn't cute? I love it. I'm so glad you had the chance to get away and do some painting and be with some girlfriends.

R A and L D said...

I think it's worth every penny!!! It is great. How neat would that look on a patio or in a kitchen or utility room. It's too pretty to be stuck out in an alley though. What is the size? It's hard for me to see the scale. My vote would be for it to be on a patio or in a California kitchen. Did you have to treat the galvonized metal in any way????

trishlibby said...

Hey Donna! I finally cracked the code to see your blog. It looks beautiful AND sounds awesome (not a surprise). I'm looking forward to future entries about Baby Girl Phipps, and just life in general. Love ya, Trish

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh, I love it! I agree with Kristy...there is just no "UN-cuteness" in your painting! I'm so blessed to be the receiver of your gift on occasion!

Did you paint anything else while you were there?

Donna said...

Let's see--(1 I used Painter's Touch indoor/outdoor spray paint to paint the 20 gallon trash can after a vinegar and water rinse.
(2 Baby Girl Phipps arriving Tuesday, July 1st.
(3 Paint one black, bring it to me and I can whip it out!