Wednesday, August 6, 2008

From Heaven to the Grind

I can't begin to explain what a wonderful time I had in Eagle Nest this past weekend. I knew that the painting and the fellowship were going to give me a lift. It did! Heidi, as always, was delightful and there were 22 other painters. I had painted at some point in time with all but 5 who were from the Albuquerque area. My thumb made it too. It stayed a little sore but it had every reason to be. I painted with the best of them-good ole thumb!



It was delightful to know that all meals were being furnished. Sandy and I also stayed with the hostesses, Naomi, Winona, and Gail, at Naomi's cabin.
Gail was the chef of record and supplied each of us with a cookbook of all the meals. What a great idea! I will share one of them with you.

Corn Salad
1 bell pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
2 cans of whole kernel corn, drained
2 cups grated cheese
1 cup mayo
1 10 oz. pkg of Chili Cheese Fritos, crushed

Mix all ingredients except Fritos and chill. Immediately before serving add the Fritos and toss. Everyone loved it!

We made it home around 8:00 p.m. Garrett had hoped they would make the 4 days without incident. Monday when Trent got off the bus, he took off to one of the neighbor's house and took away the little girl's dog. The dog bit Trent and the 6 year old girl ran crying into her house. The bus driver was frantic but couldn't leave the bus because she still had people on the bus. Luckily, Garrett was almost to the house and he managed to get Trent into the house. Garrett was embarrassed for his Dad and exasperated too. As always, it is so unpredictable.

Keep Trent and Mom in your prayers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm definately going to try the recipe! Glad to hear about the get-away weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing your newest art pieces. You're awesome Donna. Love ya.

R A and L D said...

How great that you got to see so many of your painting friends. I know how great it was for you to replenish your creative well. I hope Trent is healing from his encounter. Will call soon-

Toto said...

Good that you had a great time painting. I would imagine that those times away are most precious thatn I can grasp, so I am happy you have those moments. Love ya and YOU are in my prayers as well as Trent and your Mom.
Love ya! Heather

Paul, Chris and Katie said...

Sooooooo glad you were able to spend some time away! Upbeat people, a new environment, furnished meals and PAINTING! It doesn't get much better than than. I know what a great cook Gail is so I'm sure you were well nourished. Will talk to you soon. I go back to work tomorrow - Katie got home and we are all tired this afternoon. Bye for now.