Bless Mom's heart. She was in pain yesterday morning and set her mind that she was not going to the daycare. I had a patient at 8:00 and she waited until 7:30 to call me. I asked if she needed me to call her doctor. She couldn't decide. She just couldn't go to the daycare. And so off I go to work full of worry. I called several times to get this pitiful answer but none of my suggestions to ice her back, etc. were met with agreement. So between Trent getting home and Garrett having to wait for an inspector, I got over to Mom's with her favorite hamburger just before pills needed to be taken with food.
In visiting with the financial adviser last week, we discussed how Mom's situation was beginning to worry me. How were we going to make ends meet for her on her limited income? So we threw things out on the table. The best solution for the time being seems to be to sell the property that she has in the Hill Country. I have no idea what it is worth or how long it might take to sell it. Of course, there is emotional attachment for Mom. At one time all the land on that side of the Llano River was owned by the 11 Walton siblings of Grandpa Walton. Now the only family owners remaining are Mom's nephew and herself.
Mom and I had some visiting to do about it. It isn't what either one of us want to do. In the end, it's that money thing. Mom agreed that it was the only way she has to generate any money. It is a shame that to take medication and maintain a household it seems the best option. I hope it can sell quickly. I really hope that Mom's nephew has the means to purchase it. I think there would be some peace in letting it go to family.
No comments:
Post a Comment