Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Post of 2009


I think I've always made New Year Resolutions but I can't say I've seen one through to the next. My world seems to be best viewed one day at a time, so I'm going to give that my best shot.

I've had a few days off Thursday through Sunday. It gave me an opportunity to get the washing done prior to Sunday and get a little painting. I even managed to get my classes planned for the Spring. I've posted the pieces that I managed to finish and a few that I have planned for the future. I had just put off the finishing touches on so many things. I'm soooooo glad to have some of them done. If I had a couple of days to myself, I bet I could really finish them all. I only gave one painted item away this year. Hey, maybe everyone has enough of the painted things. It gave them a chance to get more functional stuff perhaps.

Garrett made his move to Guymon yesterday. I shed tears in small groups all day. I know this is an opportunity for him. But having him in another town, 2 hours away, makes me feel like a captive. I usually go to the grocery store on Wednesdays for Mom and on Saturdays for us. Well, I managed Granny's but today we got by with what we had. We didn't starve but I couldn't have washed one more load of clothes and we don't have any liquid soap for the showers in the morning. I have a bar of soap in the studio that I had for painting. We'll use it. Not getting to the grocery store today means trying to get it in the morning. Better rise and shine!

No comments: