Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My New Year's Challenge

I think my New Year's Challenge, not resolution, is to find some creative ways to do the normal things people do after work and on their days off without ever leaving the house. Once again---all suggestions will be given consideration.

One option that I've checked into is a company called Home Instead. They provide in home care in 3 hour shifts for $50 dollars. With what I'm paying for the adult daycare, I can't see that that would be feasible to do very often.

Option 2 would be asking Linda to stay with Trent for a few hours if she can. She would probably ask for $10 an hour. That would be a savings of $20 dollars over the first option.

I could send out an e-mail to friends to see if any of them might volunteer for a few hours so that I could get some things done.

I haven't seen my counselor in over a month and I could sure stand to garnish a little mental relief before I'm at a crisis level. But the tension in my shoulders might better benefit from a massage therapist. I used to go 2 times a month. That really did give me 1 hour of destressing.

I need to come up with something. This get Trent and myself ready, go straight to work, come straight home, conjure up some grub for people and furries, get Trent ready for bed, and I stay up late either doing other household duties or perusing the computer and blogs, then off to bed myself to do it all over again day after day aren't equalizing.

Please take time to search your grey matter and submit a suggestion. I'm sure I'm locked in and don't see other possibilities. I'd be grateful for the suggestions.

1 comment:

Andree Tracey said...

I wish I had a suggestion for you - I'm completely stumped. I have similar wishes for myself and haven't figured it out yet, so I'm hoping to come across a solution on your blog. The only thing that works for me when I can't find a solution is to distract myself with a new problem! That doesn't sound healthy, does it! It doesn't have to be a problem, it just has to be something that totally engages my brain in another level so that when I come back I can see my problem in a fresh light.

I try not to dwell on what I really want, such as a vacation, because then I really get frustrated and miserable, cuz it ain't gonna happen!

I think you should ask your friends if they wouldn't mind helping you out. It is such a hard thing to do, I know, because one hates to infringe on friends. But friends are friends because they know you and your situation and love you and if they can, they would want to assist you.

Is there a caregiver support group in your town that could offer suggestions?

If I can think of a good solution, I'll be back with it!