Friday, May 29, 2009

The Narrowing of 2 Months

Time won't stand still.

I've spoken with our elder lawyer. We will begin the Miller's Trust paperwork after we put Trent and Mother's names on the waiting lists at a couple of nursing centers with Alzheimer's accommodations. I visited The Cottages today and was very impressed with the facility. It is small accommodating only 32 residents. There are 4 cottages that are connected with a large central area. Eight individuals live in each cottage which has 4 bedrooms with double occupancy. Each cottage has a private bathroom and a large bathroom with multiple toilets etc. There is a kitchen in each cottage and dining room for 8. Each cottage also has a large tv room. There was only 1 problem. It is a private pay only facility. There are no Medicaid or Medicare beds. Cost per month is $4,290 per month. Nice, very nice but not affordable at all.

I went by one other place, the Craig, today but the admissions lady was out. I'll call there and Ware Memorial tomorrow to see if I can visit on Saturday or Monday.

Work is not my place to go, work hard and forget about my problems. It is just another problem now. I certainly have gritched about it enough and don't want to poor it all out. Suffice it to say, I am looking for another position. Who knows, maybe I'll see what selling items on Ebay or Etsy might provide and work PRN at Northwest. It is an agonizing time to take on one more decision or a significant decrease in income.

I've finally gotten lots of good pictures of Landry and Jentri. Hopefully, I'll have a few of them for everyone to see.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

WOW.....The expense is unreal of care facilities.

There will be some place, we will pray for it.