Trent unveiled a very swollen, red middle finger and hand last night when Garrett came by. He'd not said one word to me about it bothering him. Garrett got his dental glasses and looked for a sticker or something. No luck. He decided Trent needed to get started on something right away but told us to schedule an appointment with the doctor asap on Tuesday. Well, by morning it did look worse and was swollen to the wrist. His hand looks like he's wearing a very red baseball mitt with very short fingers. Well, Dr. gave him a shot, more antibiotics along with the one Garrett prescribed. If it doesn't look better in the morning, he told us to head to the hospital for antiobiotics IV.
I had to leave work today to take him to the doctor and then when he gave us the list of to do's and not to do's it was obvious to me that I had to stay home.
1. Keep a heating pad on the hand on low.
2. No vitamins with calcium or dairy products.
3. No gardening or watering.
4. No squeezing or picking at the hand or fingers.
Even home with him, I didn't keep him from getting yogurt when I went outside once. He just can't hold on to the information long enough. And if that weren't enough, Mother's dog has a rectal infection. I finally gave up on adding the dog to my list of to do's. I call Mom when it is time to give him his medicine and if the rectal creme gets applied to his feet----I just don't have enough left in me to care at the moment. Put us in your prayers for another evening, please.
No comments:
Post a Comment