Thursday, May 29, 2008

No idea what to do next

I really thought Trent going to Jan Werner's would solve so many problems. It seems it doesn't matter that Trent only has 20 to 45 minutes from the time he gets home until I get home, he gets into some kind of mess. He heads to the back yard. Today just 4 days after Garrett finished up with the waterfall and pond work, Trent was found 'reworking' the waterfall and returning the water to murky.

The electricity was off tonight. Trent could not wrap his mind around that. He'd go into the den, hit the switch for the fan, and ask why the fan wouldn't work. He'd then go to turn on the TV and ask me to turn it on with the remote. He was hot so the air conditioner wasn't working. When the electric company came to fix the matter, Trent was going out there to talk to them about it. When I said they'd be through in just a minute if he'd stay in and let them work, he lost it. He wanted a divorce and all the money we had and right now. It was a tough 3 1/2 hours. He just wouldn't settle down. It is consistently his worst time of day but then it is the only time I'm home to observe how it goes except on the weekends.

In the last couple of weeks, Trent has locked me out of the house twice. Once it was purposeful because he was mad. Actually, I didn't mind then. I didn't want to listen to him screaming at me. So being on the other side of the door was fine with me. Seemed I was outside about 20 minutes before he opened the door for me. Tuesday night was different though. Trent had been in bed since about 8:30. At 11:30, I took the dogs outside for their last potty break. When I called the dogs and headed back to the door, Trent had apparently awakened to check the doors and locked me out. I had no key. I had no phone. Who would think about him doing something like that? Well, I will now. I bought 3 new keys today and have them strategically placed. I finally woke Trent up banging on the door and leaning on the door bell.

I don't exactly know what to do next. Tomorrow I will call J. W's to see if he can be the last one on his route to be delivered home. Then I guess I'll look for someone to be able to meet Trent when he gets off the bus next. After that, I'm taking suggestions. Please submit more than one.

No comments: