Trent is really have a time of it. Expression and comprehension skills do not relate to context anymore. He's belligerent and aggressive. Yesterday, I was trying to fix something in the bedroom and asked him to move so I could get to it. When he didn't move, I took his shoulders to turn them in the direction that I needed him to move. He proceeded to pin me to the bed and threaten to hurt me. I'd never seen his eyes like that. In my calmest voice, I just kept repeating to him that he wouldn't hurt me until he got up.
My fear is that Jan Werner is going to say that they won't keep him because of the behaviors and yet, the nursing center won't have space. I called the nursing center to check on the "waiting list". Not the news I wanted. I've been waiting 2 months so far. They told me that the wait is usually 6-12 months. Have a call into the psychiatrist to look at meds again. The most recent change in meds was 3 weeks ago. I hope that the meds are the culprit and we can find the right combination we need to control the aggression. Tonight he's been up four times since he went to bed and changed clothes each time. The last time he had on my knit crop pants. Not pretty, funny, but not pretty. Please include Trent's needs in your prayers if you can.
1 comment:
I hope you get good news tomorrow. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be. You and Trent are always in my prayers. The dragonflys are great.
Love,
Gail
Post a Comment