Thursday is Depart Day! Tammy and I are planning to take off about 10:00, eat at Dalhart, and cruise the spots of interest on the way up. We both have our pieces basecoated. I have my pattern on and Tammy is likely doing hers right now. I have a ton of laundry to get done and I'll try to pack Tuesday and Wednesday night. I guess most of you that read the blog even periodically know that I relish a little time away. It feeds my creativity. I hope it renews me to continue the caregiving that still lies ahead of me each day.
Each time I start planning to leave, I wonder how Trent will do. I think Garrett will handle it well but I don't know whether Trent will sleep more or pace more. He certainly paced today away and made little sense when he would try to say something. If I had had any groceries in the house to speak of, he would have eaten all he could find. I get nervous and frustrated right behind him at some point. I did pretty well today until about 7:00. I was ready for a break about then but Trent wasn't headed to bed yet. He finally made the turn to the bedroom tonight about 8:30 and I took my first good deep breath.
I don't work tomorrow but do have a doctor appt. Bloodwork and the usual friendly check to renew medications, etc. The physical therapist has put me on my honor with my exercises. My range was really good when she measured. She thinks by Friday my strength will probably allow me to paint will only a little fatigue if any. Gee, I wish I'd done the surgery right after Christmas to get rid of the pain. Hindsight is 20-20.
Can't wait until Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to be with friends while jabbering and slinging a paint brush!
No comments:
Post a Comment