Well, I so hoped that the medication change would take away the volatile behavior. Be careful what you wish for as you are likely to get something equally bad.
Yesterday was my first full day with Trent since the medication change. He acted like he was about to cry all day. I was never out of his sight or he was calling my name and looking frantically for me. I didn't brush my teeth or change my clothes that he wasn't calling for me. I've said before that with Trent coaching all those years, he spent 33 years teaching me to be alone. And now he says he just wants to be with me, glued to my side. By three o'clock I was threatening to give him a sleeping pill if it didn't stop.
Then at 5:00 this morning while I'm still sleeping on the couch with my shoulder. I feel eyes looking at me. Yes, Trent is standing over me and wants to know if I saw that flashing thing that went over here and back again. No, I never managed to get him back to bed so my day started earlier. So today he's been just behind me all day long again. "Donna, I just want to be with you. Why won't you let me be with you?" All I could say was that I had been here all day yesterday and today. I don't know whether he hallucinates or not but what he says has very little to do with anything I'm aware of. He hasn't been able to dress or bathe himself. Bathing, he tells you he's just done it. And getting dressed? He either throws what I've put out in the dirty clothes and then has no underwear on but several shirts.........
I'm going back to the very expensive Alzheimer's Cottages tomorrow to see if they have any openings. I think if they do, I may have to pay the unbelievable fee while we wait for an opening at the Craig else I'll go crazy.
1 comment:
Hope you were able to find placement for Trent. Can't imagine what you are feeling. How is your Mom? You are in my prayers.
Love Ya,
Gail
Post a Comment