Monday, July 21, 2008

Change past and future

We had such a great visit with our friends from Uvalde. Way to short a visit but Charla and I had to share them while they were here. They should be home now and with a little luck, Charla's fence is fixed as well.

Garrett made it home from Zambia short one piece of luggage, exhausted and not feeling well. He was dealing with allergies, sinus headache, and jet lag. The flight home was over 22 hours. His luggage did make it in the next day but the sinus headache and fatigue have lingered on.

Brett, Kristy, Landry, and Jentri are in Queen City now. I still haven't met and had a cuddle session with Jentri. I hate that my dreams of being a great grandmother will always be incomplete. Brett and Garrett had such great times with my Mom and Dad. Trent and I had such great times with our grandparents. Let me see, I believe that this is a life's not fair moment.

Tomorrow I finally have the surgery on my trigger thumb. I'm sure hoping it isn't too debilitating as I have a painting seminar in Eagle's Nest just 9 days from now. I've laid it out though---even if I can't paint, I'm there! I can sit and watch or find a place to be alone. I just need to get away and I paid for this quite awhile ago. I'll leave with Sandy and Peggy on Thursday after work and arrive back home Monday hopefully around 8:30 so going to work on Tuesday won't be too bad.

No comments: