Sunday, July 6, 2008

Garden Daily

The tropical water lily has begun blooming. There are none like the tropicals. The leaves are huge and the blooms are simply incomparable. We have had three at a time this week. It is a time when I can hardly come inside because I might forget how lovely they are. Tomorrow I suspect the hardy water lily will have a blossom as well. It will be a peaceful yellow.




Here is another of our special day lilies. This one is tiny, about the length of my thumb. Day lily means just that---this one will be gone tomorrow but others buds will open. Wish everday brought as much joy as new blooms in the garden can.


I'm going to call Brett and Kristy tomorrow. I had planned to call tonight but the time got away. I hate to call this late. Mommy and Jentri need all the rest they can get.

No comments: