Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Garden Daily 2





Each day I find myself attracted to something new in the backyard. Here are a few from today.

It is wonderful to choose to find the beauty around when things seem so bleak inside. My family caregiving just seems to be compounded when either of them slip. Trent has recently been the one that appears to be slipping. His conversations, if he tries to have one, are so vague that I usually don't know what he's trying to talk about. Yesterday morning he couldn't adjust the water temperature for his shower. Most mornings now he has to have some help with the sequence of getting his clothes on. Today he put on his shoes and socks first and then couldn't figure out why he couldn't get his pants on.


Little things can cause great anxiety and the best I can hope for is to get him to lie down and take a nap or sit with him and watch TV without saying a word. If that doesn't work, I have two options. 1. Call Garrett over. 2. Pray 7:00 p.m. comes quickly and his night meds settle him down.


No comments: